As you can guess, we love our veggies. We love to eat them, we love to cook them, but we also enjoy juicing them. To get the daily requirements for fruits and vegetables nothing is better, faster, and more convenient than to drop them into a juicer and drinking your way to better health.
Eating the same amount of fresh produce would eat up a lot of time, pun intended, and you would probably feel like a farm animal grazing all day long. Juicers work great at extracting the nutrients and vitamins from vegetables and fruits that can make you feel energetic, healthy, and alive.
Below you will find a couple of our favorite new machines that can help you take back control of your diet and have a tremendous impact on your overall well being.
Latest and Greatest Masticating Juicers Worth Considering
Below are two juicers that we really love. One we just got, and one we really wanted to get but it was just too much out of our budget to buy. Both are extremely excellent at what they do and for anyone looking to go out and purchase a new juice extractor, these two should be on your list.
Omega NC800 HDS
This is the juicing machine that we actually just bought. We had to save for a few weeks, but we finally took the plunge and we have been extremely pleased so far. It gets a workout every morning and some evenings and it has handled everything we have thrown at it without any problems. Below are some of the things that we really like about the Omega NC800 and why it is an elite juicer that is perfect for your kitchen.
- Big feed tube – Most older model masticating juicers have a smaller feed chute. This means you have to waste time cutting anything that you want to juice into tiny sized chunks just to fit into the machine. It can get very tedious. The larger feed chute on this model has proven to be a real time saver for us.
- Slow juicing – Faster juicers are great at getting the job done quickly but they also can have negative effects on the juice, as well as being quite loud. Getting a masticating juicer can help protect the vitamins and enzymes in the juice from heat and air. This provides a healthier juice than stays fresh longer. It is well worth the slightly longer juicing time. This juicing machine is also pretty quiet.
- Easy to Clean – Something that every juicer should strive for, this Omega juicer is a breeze to take apart and clean, just a couple of minutes. It is not a hassle at all, which makes us want to use it more often.
- Great Reviews – Before buying we did our research to see how other owners liked this juicer, and the feedback for this model was exceptional. Every Omega NC800 juicer review seemed to give us more confidence in our purchase. And they were right, we love it. Truly a great juicer.
Omega VSJ843R Upright Model
Omega makes some dependable and efficient masticating juicers, and the Omega VSJ843R is a brand new model that we really wanted to get. However, it was way out of our price range. Maybe some day, but for now we can only wish. It has some extremely nice features that make it highly desirable.
- Upright Design – For tight kitchens, like ours, the vertical shape and design of this juicer would be extremely helpful. Not only would it save space, but the unique design looks quite sharp, at least in our opinion.
- Super Quiet Juicing – We have used some loud machines in the past, but this model seems to be extremely quiet. All of the videos we have seen in the reviews for the VSJ843R make it barely noticeable while juicing. I am not a big fan of noisy appliances, so this would be perfect.
- Juice Yield – For an upright juicer, this unit seems to extract extremely high amounts of juice from whatever is dropped into it. Super efficient.
- Long Warranty – Like most Omega juicers, this model comes with a 15 year warranty in case anything should break. By far the best you will find when shopping for a brand new juicer.
These are just some of the juicer reviews we found on Great Plains Examiner that we were interested in. If you would like a to see a full list of the best juicers from which to choose then this is a great place to start.
Why Choose Masticating Juicers?
Sometimes referred to slow juicers, or cold-press juicers, masticating juicers offer a more nutrient dense juice that has less oxidation that enables to be kept cold and stored for longer than centrifugal juicers. They have several advantages that make it a more sound investment for long term juicing. Centrifugal juicers are not bad by any stretch, but we feel we better maximize our juicing efforts by using a masticating machine.
Whichever type of machine or whatever model you choose, you will be making an extremely positive step to improving your health. Don’t waste any more time thinking about it, just do it and take advantage of everything that fruits and veggies can offer you.
Below is a video review of the NC800 that we ended up getting.